Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cadillacs and Volkswagons



I will start by saying that I’ve been married for 25 years, 26 this summer, and somewhere between baby #2 and baby #3, my hubby -- commenting on my housekeeping / cleaning, exclaimed:
“my mother is the Cadillac,
and honey,
you’re the Volkswagon” !!
I think at the time it probably brought tears to my eyes – now, I smile...
(and so does he!).

So… having recently discovered the blogging community, but not new to Proverbs 31 Ministries, (I’ve been receiving, and have been blessed by the online devotionals for a few years), I read “Spring Cleaning” by Karen Ehman, and several posts to the Swap and Hop -- hosted by Lisa TerKeurst - http://www.lysaterkeurst.blogspot.com/ (so I can compare my own ‘clutter pics’ and somehow find comfort in the company!) – needless to say, I feel your pain! -- and now I’m feeling brave enough to give this a shot… I’ll post my most embarrassing clutter issue -- my basement – or should I say attic? The embarrassing part is that 2 years ago I moved “It” from the attic to the basement because we were having a new roof put on our house, and this involved a complete tear off, in which everything had to be moved out of the attic. During the summer months, I’m busy with my daylilies, and so, I ‘put off’ the sorting and reorganizing of 24 years (and three kids!) of accumulated “stuff.” Living in western NY, the attic gets pretty cold in the winter, and the basement remains chilly, and that’s always incentive enough to ‘put off’ this project until it warms up. But as soon as spring hits, and the ‘tiny points of green’ start poking through the cold hard ground, my daylilies call to me, begging to be dug up, divided, replanted, and sold. And so the cycle goes…. Yikes!
I’m hoping that it’s not too late to post, and that I’ll be able to figure out how to link back… certainly, I’ll be eagerly anticipating any advice on getting organized! Oh yeah... that's a ping pong table under the clutter!
Stay tuned for Cadillacs and Volkswagons part 2…


No comments: